Saturday, June 9, 2012


June 9, 2012

Dear Zane,
I am so grateful to have been your mommy for the past 6 weeks. You are such a sweet special boy. I’ve enjoyed taking care of you and watching you grow in the short while you’ve been in our family. I love your adorable smile and fun laugh. Your facial expressions are so cute and adorable. I love playing games with you. You love looking in the mirror while we play games. You love to play with your Daddy Jim and your 5-year-old brother Ethan, too. Ethan sure does adore you and loves being your big brother. He is very protective of you and loves to show you off to his friends.
You are now 14 months old. You have your 4 top front teeth, 2 bottom front teeth, and one top and one bottom molar coming through on the right side. You like to crawl all over the place but don’t seem too interested in trying to stand or pull yourself up to furniture yet. You love babbling and love to say “Mama” and “Dada.”
We’ve been teaching you to give us high 5’s and clapping. I love rocking you at night while I sing you “Hush little baby don’t say a word.” I’m so glad I had the experience of being your mother.
I’m heartbroken that you will not be able to stay in our family, as your birth mom’s tribe wants you to go back to Minnesota. I’ve shed many tears for you and am sad that I won’t be able to raise you and see you grow up. I hope that you will go to a good loving family who will take great care of you and provide you opportunities for a good education and to develop your individual talents. I hope you will live true to the light within you and make good choices throughout your life. I hope you will be able to marry a wonderful woman and support your wife and children well. Always treasure the loved ones in your life and spend a lot of time with them because they are so precious and time goes by so fast.
I hope you will be able to look back at this letter and pictures of us when you’re older and know that you had a loving family for 6 weeks when you were 1 year old. We will always think of you and wonder how you are doing. Please know that we will always love you and that when you leave our family this week a piece of our hearts will go with you. I’ll love you forever Zane!

Love,
Your Mommy, Kristal




2 comments:

Bridget said...

He's such a cute boy. I wish him happiness...and hope that maybe he'll be able to come back to you if things don't work as planned with the tribe. What's his birth name? Marcelino? I'm assuming he'll go back to that name? Is there a family tribal member that wants to adopt him?

Kristal said...

I don't think they'd ever let him come back. Also, the tribe can take him back again at any time and I don't think I can handle losing him twice especially if we have him for a longer period of time. They have the hearing today to see where he will go. His birthname is Marcelino.