Wednesday, June 13, 2012

"I Am" Poem by Kristal Andersen 6-13-12

(written the day our son Zane who was placed with us for adoption was taken from us and returned to his tribe)

I am a mother and I’m heartbroken
I wonder if I’ll ever see Zane again
I hear him say “Mama”
I see his cute little grin
I want him back
I am a mother and I’m heartbroken

I pretend he is still with our family
I feel his soft cheeks
I touch his little fingers
I worry about what the future holds for him
I cry for my son Zane
I am a mother and I’m heartbroken

I understand I could not keep him
I believe I will one day see him again
I dream of holding him again in my arms and singing “Hush Little Baby”
I try to not think of him because it’s too painful to have empty arms
I hope he will find a good loving family
I am a mother and I’m heartbroken





No comments: